Come and explore the charm and personality of Downtown Peterborough
Nearly All Businesses and Public Spaces to Reopen as Ptbo Moves to Stage 3
Starting Friday, July 17, Peterborough will move to Stage 3 of the province’s reopening plan. The Ontario government announced nearly all businesses and public spaces will reopen in Stage 3 of the province’s reopening framework with public health and workplace safety measures and restrictions in place.
Stage 3 includes (with restrictions):
• Increasing indoor gatherings to a maximum of 50 people
• Increasing outdoor gathering limits to a maximum of 100 people
• Child care centres will be permitted cohorts of 15 children starting July 27
• Indoor dining at restaurants
• Reopening fitness
• Live performance shows
• Reopening movie theatres
• Reopening playgrounds
Please note: all public gatherings and workplaces are expected to maintain physical distancing requirements.
The government, in partnership with health and safety associations, has released over 170 guidance resources at Ontario.ca/COVIDsafety to help employers in multiple sectors ― including fitness, restaurant and food services, and the performing arts ― keep spaces safe for workers and customers. Guidance will be available for all spaces permitted to open in Stage 3. As they prepare to reopen, employers are strongly advised to review and implement appropriate measures to help protect their communities.
The Chief Medical Officer of Health, public health experts and other officials have advised the following, high-risk places and activities are not yet safe to open, even if a region has entered Stage 3, due to the likelihood of large crowds congregating, difficulties with physical distancing, or challenges maintaining the proper cleaning and sanitation required to prevent the spread of COVID‑19:
- Amusement parks and water parks;
- Buffet-style food services;
- Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements;
- Overnight stays at camps for children;
- Private karaoke rooms;
- Prolonged or deliberate contact while playing sports;
- Saunas, steam rooms, bath houses and oxygen bars;
- Table games at casinos and gaming establishments.
Click here for the full news release: https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020/07/nearly-all-businesses-and-public-spaces-to-reopen-in-stage-3.html