Come and explore the charm and personality of Downtown Peterborough
Job Posting – Team Member, Digital Service Squad
Downtown Peterborough is currently seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of ‘Digital Service Squad – Team Member’. Digital Main Street is a program that supports the growth of main street businesses by making the adoption of digital tools and technologies easy.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad, you will be a key contributor to the success of the platform and the growth of the program as a whole.
The focus of the role is to work one-on-one with main street businesses and provide the following services:
1. On-boarding Assistance
• Conduct pre-business visit research to best understand the BIA/neighbourhood and businesses.
• Working with the Communications Manager to set-appointments or go door-to-door to onboard main street businesses to the Digital Main Street platform.
• Walk-through the onboarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
• Assist the business in staying in touch with Digital Main Street by subscribing to the e-newsletter and social channels.
2. Advisory Services
• Once the business has been on-boarded to the Digital Main Street platform, the Team Member will walk through the Digital Assessment and Recommendations with the business owner.
• The Team Member will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
• The Team Member will also review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
3. Activation/Implementation Services
• The Team Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e.: Building a Shopify store using the extended 30-day free trial, activating social media accounts, etc.).
• The Team Member may also provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated or subject matter of interest.
4. Reporting and Feedback
• Team Members must complete their field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Communications Manager
• Team Members must attend Team Meetings as set out by the Communications Manager.
• Halfway through the employment term, an interim performance evaluation will occur to ensure fit.
The Team Member may be required to attend workshops and events related to Digital Main Street. The purpose of which is to communicate the benefits of the program to business owners and to onboard them to the platform. There may be other duties, as required, that will be discussed with the Team Member should they arise.
All successful candidates will receive training on the program and from the aforementioned corporate partners prior to in-field deployment. The majority of time spent will be in the field working with businesses, however, the DBIA office at 313 Water Street will be made available to Team Members, including the board room as a workspace. Team Members are responsible for finding transportation to downtown Peterborough. All clients should be within walking distance of the DBIA office.
Qualified applicants will:
• Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal).
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills.
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Have experience in a marketing environment.
• Be able to travel and work independently
• Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g.: web, social media, e-commerce, etc.),
• Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Slack.
• Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset.
• Previous experience working with small businesses in BIAs is considered an asset.
Canada Summer Jobs Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for Canada Summer Jobs funding, the successful applicant must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Communications Manager Joel Wiebe at email@example.com by Friday, May 10 at 5 pm.