Come and explore the charm and personality of Downtown Peterborough
Annual General Meeting
Join us for the Peterborough Downtown Business Improvement Area Annual General Meeting at 5 pm on June 24. Find out what’s going on downtown and see what we have planned for 2021.
This year will be a little different with our meeting being held by video.
How to join us
Click this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88178234807
You will be prompted to download/open Zoom launcher. This should automatically join you to the meeting. Some phones, tablets and computers may prompt you to download a required application to be able to join.
Meeting ID: 881 7823 4807
New to Zoom? Here’s a brief tutorial on how to join: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-zcid=1588
We expect to have quite a few people join us. Your microphone will pick up much more than you expect. Not only will we hear every crinkle of your bag of chips, but things like a nearby fan will make it sound like hurricane winds. All participants will be muted when you join. Please keep your microphone muted if you are not speaking. Your audio may get muted if your audio is causing a distraction.
To mute or unmute yourself, move your cursor around and a menu bar should pop up along the bottom of your screen. Click the microphone on the bottom left to mute or unmute. Alternatively, you can click the arrow beside it for various microphone options.
We would love to see your face, but you can turn your video on and off by clicking the video camera icon beside the microphone icon.
There are two options for viewing the meeting: gallery and speaker view. Speaker view will place the current speaker prominently on your screen with limited view of other participants. Gallery view will allow you to see everyone in the meeting more easily. The option to switch between these should appear in the top right corner of your screen.
Zoom has a chat function that allows all participants to see what is typed in the chat window. You can use this feature to ask questions. Questions will be addressed at the appropriate time. Please keep chat discussions to comments and questions related to the Annual General Meeting.
Any votes that are called can be taken using the chat function
Please make every effort not to speak over someone else and keep you dialogue in alignment with the topic at hand. If you want to address another topic, pose a separate question. The presenter will make every effort to address the question and topic. Please understand that time is limited and not all questions can be addressed during the meeting.
Have a question that didn’t get answered at the meeting or might be a little off topic? DBIA staff will remain on the video conference after the meeting is adjourned and you can ask your questions then. Alternatively, DBIA staff are available via email or phone call. You can request to talk with one of us in the chat window or call the office at 705-748-4774 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your video appears blurry and/or the audio is cutting in and out for most participants, it may be that your WiFi signal is weak. You may see a prompt that your connection is weak. You can either try to move closer to your WiFi router or call in on your phone (audio only).
Tips for an enjoyable Zoom meeting:
▪ Join a few minutes early to make sure your audio and video are working properly
▪ Find a quiet space without interruptions/background noise
▪ Mute your microphone to help keep background noise to a minimum, make sure you mute your microphone when you are not speaking
▪ Be mindful of background noise when your microphone is not muted, avoid activities that could create additional noise, such as shuffling papers
▪ Position your camera properly. If you choose to use a web camera, be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible. Doing so helps create a more direct sense of engagement with other participants.
▪ Have a plain background – avoid backlight from bright windows and have good lighting on your face so you can be seen clearly
▪ Avoid multi-tasking – you’ll retain the discussion better if you refrain from replying to emails or text messages during the meeting and wait to work on that PowerPoint presentation until after the meeting ends
▪ Try to avoid talking over/at the same time as other participants
View the agenda package here:
View our audited financial statements here: