Job Posting - Coordinator, Depave & Vibrancy Projects
Posted Jun 22, 2018
Coordinator, Depave & Vibrancy Projects
Term: Between 3 and 5 days/week, July through October 2018. Both the DePave Project and the Vibrancy Project have multi-year funding, and there is the possibility of extension for up to 3 years.
Desired Start Date: July 9th, 2018
Reporting To: The Water Landscape Projects Coordinator is an employee of GreenUP, reporting to the Water Programs Manager. The Coordinator will also work in collaboration with the Vibrancy Project partners, including the lead partner, the Peterborough Downtown Business Improvement Area.
DePave Project: Depave Paradise is a project of GreenUP and Green Communities Canada where volunteers and neighbourhoods remove unwanted pavement and plant gardens filled with native species in its place.
The hands-on depaving process captures the hearts and energies of community members who work together to make their surroundings more liveable. Depave Paradise demonstration projects make permanent positive changes to communities and encourage others to act together.
One DePave project will take place each year. In 2018, the intention is that this project be a part of the larger Vibrancy Project.
Vibrancy Project: The Vibrancy Project is a project of the Peterborough DBIA, in partnership with the City of Peterborough, and local organizations and businesses. This project will support the renewal and regeneration of key urban sites within our downtown.
Each year, the Vibrancy Project will include the transformation of a large site, and may also include a number of smaller pop-up projects. The goal of this project is to demonstrate the potential for beautification through citizen action, and to create valuable public gathering spaces. Vibrancy projects may include site naturalization, landscaping, public art, and the installation of street and park furniture.
For the DePave Project, coordinator will lead planning, communications, contractor and volunteer coordination, and implementation activities related to this project. Project management and landscaping experience is essential for this position. Timelines for Depave projects are short, and the coordinator will be required to skillfully balance a number of shifting priorities and deadlines throughout their contract.
For the Vibrancy Project, the coordinator will act as the project point-person, and will support volunteer and partner coordination. The coordinator will also work with project partners to advance the site design and to manage the implementation of the projects.
- Overall Project Coordination: Lead the coordination of the Depave Peterborough Project, including project scheduling, engagement, permitting, implementation, monitoring, communications, and evaluation. Support the coordination of the Vibrancy Project, leading certain activities and acting as the primary project contact.
- Planning and Development: Develop a detailed work program that is consistent with our funding commitments, and supports the needs of both projects.
- Landscape Project Planning and Implementation: Support the development of project designs; lead logistical planning, coordination, and ordering of planting materials, tools, and equipment for the DePave project. In collaboration with key staff, volunteers, contractors, landowners, and partners support the depaving and planting of the site.
- Volunteer Coordination: Lead coordination and supervision of volunteer recruitment, scheduling, communications, and training. Ensure that Health and Safety practices and procedures are understood and complied with.
- Project Budgeting, Evaluation and Reporting: Maintain balanced project budgets. Lead development of DePave project reporting and evaluation, and support Vibrancy project evaluation, as necessary.
- Partner Relations: Regularly participate in check-ins and meetings with project partners and funders, including monthly DePave meetings and trainings. Support strong and effective relations with project partners, businesses landowners, and funders.
- Material & Resource Development: In collaboration with GreenUP’s Marketing and Communications Specialist and the DBIA’s Communications Coordinator, identify and support the development of presentation, display, marketing, and resource materials needed for programming and promotion.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field and/or minimum 2-years experience in related field
- Experience working with volunteers and community-led projects
- Familiarity and knowledge of local species, landscaping and gardening best-practice, garden maintenance, rain gardens, and landscape design
- Strong organizational, scheduling, and event planning skills
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Be reliable, organized, and punctual
- Current police reference check
- Valid driver’s license an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a single PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Depave & Vibrancy Projects Coordinator Application”.
Submission Deadline: July 2, 2018
We thank all candidates for applying; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To perform the essential functions of this role, the Coordinator will be required to complete physically demanding tasks, including: lifting, shoveling, bending, kneeling, pulling, and carrying. The Coordinator should be able to lift a minimum of 40lbs. GreenUP invites applications from anyone who feels they meet the qualifications of this posting. GreenUP is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from People of Colour, Indigenous People, and other visible minorities; persons with disabilities and who are differently abled; and, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
In association with...
Date Posted Jun 22, 2018, 9:03 am